After writing about reasons why we should go ahead and visit local places I naturally started thinking about the places I still haven’t visited (or have visited but only once or twice way back when I was still a kid) that are near my hometown that I want to go to. To narrow down the list I define local places as places to within a couple of hours drive from my parents’ house. Here’s my top 5 local places I need to visit. Hopefully in the next couple of years I would have visited most of them.
1. The Hidden Valley – A famous mountain resort with first class amenities. I’ve never been there and always only think about going there someday but that day still hasn’t arrived.
2. The peak of the mountain near our place – My number one reason for not reaching the peak…I’m not fit enough! It’s not too long a hike so I guess I should be able to shape up enough for a half day’s hike right?
3. Pagsanjan Falls – I’ve seen several waterfalls but these famous waterfalls I never have. No excuse for this!
4. Nearby old churches and buildings – I should get my sister to go church hopping. Nope. Not looking for a new religion. Just wanting to soak in some beautiful century-old architecture.
5. Annual garden show – Each year a garden show (though garden fair would be more apt) is held in the university near our place. Year after year I’ve passed by and looked at the beautiful flowers and plants but somehow never even took time to enter the grounds and spend even just a few hours. This year I vow to do this and maybe buy my mom a plant or two.
How about you? What nearby places do you want to visit?
Be a local traveler. Remember you don’t have to travel far to have fun!