Have an upcoming trip to Texas for business or leisure? Or maybe you’re moving to Texas or living there for a short while? There’s a lot to see and do in the Lone Star state no matter which city or region you’re visiting. Not sure where to get started with finding things to do? Check out this list of popular attractions in some of Texas’s major cities.
- Town Lake Trail: If you love spending time outside, visiting the Town Lake Trail is a must. This trail is located in the heart of downtown Austin and runs along the Colorado River. The trail is 10 miles around the entire loop and includes activities like kayaking and paddle boarding.
- Central Market: If you’re a fan of farmer’s markets, good food and local vendors, the Central Market is the perfect place to get a closer look at Austin’s food culture. With an incredible stock of produce, meats, bread and cheese, Central Market will ensure you’ll get to experience a grocery store like you never have before.
- Peche Vintage Cocktails: For a swanky but relaxed experience that both locals and tourists love, take time to visit Peche while you’re in Austin. With daring cocktails, delicious food and great company, Peche is the perfect place for booze aficionados to have well-mixed drinks and enjoy good company.
- The Riverwalk: A sprawling series of shops, bars and restaurants, the Riverwalk runs along 5 miles of the San Antonio River. It’s also closely connected to nearby hotels and huge tourist attractions like the Alamo, the San Antonio Museum of Art and the Pearl Brewery.
- Sea World: Great for families, kids and anyone who loves the ocean, Sea World San Antonio is the perfect place to spend an entire day. With rides, shows, exhibits and animal tours, there’s plenty to do and see at Sea World to keep everyone entertained.
- The Alamo: History lovers should definitely visit The Alamo when in San Antonio. With free admission, daily tours and longer summer hours, The Alamo is a great place to visit to learn about our nation’s history.
- Dallas World Aquarium: A fun destination for kids and families, the Dallas World Aquarium features exhibits with animals from around the world including the Mundo Maya, Orinoco, South Africa and Borneo exhibits – along with a 20,000-gallon aquarium.
- Dallas Zoo: As one of only 10 zoos in the nation to house koalas, the Dallas Zoo is one of the greatest in the United States. With exhibits including Giants of the Savannah, the Monorail Safari, an Endangered Species Carousel and a Pony Trek, the Dallas Zoo can easily fill an entire day.
- Beaches & Watersports: if you love being near and spending time in water, relaxing on the beautiful beaches of Corpus Christi is the perfect getaway. With popular beaches like Mustang Island State Park, J.P. Luby Surf Park, the Padre Island National Seashore and more, you can relax and enjoy beautiful views of the Gulf. With hotels and vacation rentals on the water, a Corpus Christi vacation is a trip the whole family can enjoy.
Before your trip, be sure to take time to schedule your days, book accommodations that are close to all the action and look into Texas short term health insurance so you’re safe and covered from emergencies while you enjoy the Texas sun. Insurance is especially important if you’re relocating to Texas or if you’ll be there for a few months. With planning, you can enjoy all that Texas has to offer.