Spring Break is always something that students look forward to. For the older kids, especially those in college, they would probably look to spending time on their own – away from their parents. For those families with younger kids, however, Spring Break could be a perfect chance to have a family vacation to break away from the mundane life that usually prevails from January to March. So if you fall under the second category, what options do you have for a Spring Break vacation this year?
About.com tells us that Orlando is actually the number 1 destination for families for Spring Break. I don’t know where they got the numbers but I am inclined to believe them. You can opt to go to Orlando but be prepared to join many other families. Then again, Spring Break is not the same for everyone as different schools have timed their breaks differently.
Here’s some useful information if you are considering an Orlando Spring Break:
Special in Orlando, for Spring Break:
In addition to all the usual fun:
• sports fans can take in basketball, baseball, golf, ice-skating, or maybe the cycling Festival of Speed
• The Epcot theme park at Disney World has its Annual International Flower & Garden Festival
• Universal Studios has Mardi Gras Weekends with big parade on Saturday night
Orlando Spring Break family packages:
Check the Family Spring Break section at OrlandoInfo (the site of the Orlando Convention and Visitors’ Bureau.) “Family Spring Break Packages” can be booked online. Or call 1-866-MYORLANDO (696-7526).
Find out more about Orlando Spring Break:
• visit Orlando Spring Break
• call 1-888-ORL-4FUN
• in Orlando, stop by the Official Visitor Center at 8723 International Drive, at the southeast corner of International Drive and Austrian Row, open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day of the year except Dec. 25.
Spend your next spring break in Barcelona hotels! There are many different amazing sights to visit in Europe, and Rome hotels can help you see all of them. Our web page can help you get some of the best prices of hotels in Amsterdam