Here’s the rest of the things you want to be sure you have on your carry-on or diaper bag.
- Prepare a first-aid kit, that should include medicines for fever, colds, flu, allergies, and any prescription medicines your child needs. Include bandages, gauze & motion sickness medicines just in case.
- Always pack a lightweight blanket. Aside from the obvious, it can serve a variety of uses, such as a shade from the sun, a spot you can lay your baby down, or extra cushion for baby.
Bring along a foldable, small umbrella. The weather is always unpredictable, and it can be used both for rain and shine.
- Hats and caps are also musts for any type of weather.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen, both for the face and the body. Use one with both UVA and UVB protection, with an SPF of at least 15. You can also check for products specifically formulated for infants and kids.
- Pack an extra set of clothing for you and your baby. It’ll sure come in handy if baby spits-up or throws up on you.
- Pack a few of the essentials with you on your carry-on as well, such as toothbrushes and underwear. You wouldn’t want to be caught helpless if your luggage suddenly goes missing.
- Don’t forget to bring some of your kids’ favorite toys. Don’t go overboard, though. For older kids, a puzzle or coloring book can keep them occupied for hours. And curious babies can find even the most mundane things interesting, so you’ll really only need to bring a couple of familiar toys, like a lovey or blankie.
You can also make your own checklist of the things you need to bring. There’s no hard or fast rules, just remember to keep your family’s needs in mind. And remember to look at packing not as a tiring chore, but as the beginning of your adventure. Enjoy!