Getting lost when you go to a new town isn’t that scary. After all you can always just hop on the next bus back to your own town or flag down a taxi. Getting lost in another country is altogether different, especially if you don’t know the language. Even scarier than you getting lost in a foreign country is losing your child in one.
On Froodee I just posted an entry on what to do to PREVENT your child from getting really lost. Here, I want to focus on what you should do if despite all the planning you still manage to get lost in
1. Preparation is still the key. Before leaving your hotel make buy viagra online sure you know/bring with you the following:
- Complete name and address of the hotel you’re staying.
- The phone number of the hotel you’re staying.
- A map of the city/town.
- A phrase book. Better yet memorize basic phrases that will come in handy.
2. Don’t panic. Keep your cool and remember your plan.
3. Look for a landmark and try to find your way using that. If you are really bad at directions forget this step.
4. Flag down a taxi and give your hotel name. Pay extra if you have to as long as you get home safe. Try not to look like you are lost but state your hotel’s name and address with confidence so that the taxi driver won’t take a longer route.
5. If there is no taxi in sight use your mobile phone or find a pay phone and call your hotel and ask for someone can pick you up.
6. If all of the above are not possible, approach the nearest harmless looking person (just like for kids it is best to approach a mom with kids) and ask for help.