Travelling By Train or Bus
1. Make reservations in advance.
2. Bring snacks, reading material, radio headsets and a small pillow.
3. Photo identification is required to pick up or purchase tickets.
4.Passengers with disabilities who need travel assistance should call travel assist lines at least 48 hours prior to departure.
Note: To help assure passengers of a more enjoyable trip, Amtrak is adding 53 extra trains during the holiday week. The majority of trains will be added on Wednesday and Sunday. Passengers should keep in mind that on routes where passenger and freight trains share the rails, freight trains have priority, increasing the likelihood of delays.
If you are one of the million Americans leaving your home this year, don’t forget that it could also be a time of security risks. Here are some home tips to remember:
1. Contact your local police or sheriff’s office to inquire about a house watch.
2. Many agencies provide a perimeter check of your home such as doors, windows and fences-while you are away.
3. Remember to put a temporary hold on your mail and newspaper delivery.
4. Install timers to turn internal and external lights on and off at certain times of the evening to help ward off burglars.
[tags]Thanksgiving, Holidays, Thanksgiving Travel Tips[/tags]